Online Policies for www.nokiiwin.com
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY FOR NOKIIWIN TRIBAL COUNCIL
As part of our outreach efforts, Nokiiwin Tribal Council has embraced social networking as a means of connecting and engaging with our members, our partners, and the communities we serve.
The following guidelines outline how you can expect to interact with Nokiiwin Tribal Council on its social networking sites.
Nokiiwin Tribal Council's social networking activities are monitored and managed by the dedicated staff. If you have any concerns regarding our social networking policy, management of these social networking sites, or any of their content, please contact Audrey Gilbeau our Executive Director.
The purpose of Nokiiwin Tribal Coucil's social networking activities is to connect with Aboriginal entrepreneurs and businesses, other organizations, our clients, our partners, and the general public to share relevant information.
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
The comments expressed by others do not reflect the opinions and position of Nokiiwin Tribal Council.
Nokiiwin Tribal Council reserves the right to delete any submissions that:
- Contain vulgar language or offensive language.
- Are discriminatory in nature against any race, group, religion, etc.
- Spam or include links to other sites.
- Irrelevant to the topic.
- Advocate illegal activity.
- Promote a particular product, service, or political organization.
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
If you "Like" or "Follow" us, you can expect to receive updates covering some, or all, of the following:
- Alerts to Nokiiwin Tribal Council-related events, meetings, consultations, job vacancies and promotional offers etc.
- News on Aboriginal business, economic development and/or entrepreneurship in Northern Ontario, Ontario, and Canada
- Alerts about new content on our other digital channels (news, publications, website, publicity campaigns etc)
- Invitations to provide feedback on specific issues on which we are consulting
- Occasional live coverage of events (e.g. video conference workshops, Annual business awards & golf tournament etc.)
If you "Like" or "Follow" us, we will not automatically "Like" or "Follow" you. This is to avoid resource wasting spam handling and so that you can easily identify other key users that you might be interested in.
A "Like" or "Follow" by Nokiiwin Tribal Council does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We will update and monitor our social networking sites during office hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. These sites may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
We welcome constructive feedback and comments from all our social networking connections, and endeavor to join the conversation where possible. However, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via our social networking sites.
We will refrain from engaging in issues of a political or religious nature.
Nokiiwin Tribal Council monitors all submissions and ensures that emerging themes or helpful suggestions are shared internally.
Please “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter!