Assistance in the development of a Comprehensive Community Plan.
Community planning is a process through which a community establishes a direction for the future and determines the specific actions needed to realize that direction. Nokiiwin Tribal Council's Community Planning Advisor is available to assist in the development and completion of your Comprehensive Community Plan.
The objective of the Community Planning department is to make planning an ongoing and routine exercise for our members in order to maximize limited resources and address the myriad of community issues in an intergrated manner. A completed Comprehensive Community Plan:
- Guides individual decisions;
- Indicates how and where the community should grow;
- Establishes how community resources should be managed;
- Serves as a basis for negotiating agreements, and;
- Is transparent and holds everyone accountable.